Fundación OGD La Paz - Beni Projects
IMPLEMENTATION OF METODOLOGY: RECONFIGURA DESTINO LA PAZ
Through the alliance established between our Foundation “Organization for the Management of the Tourist Destination La Paz – Beni (OGD La Paz – Beni)” with:
– Smart Tourism & Hospitality Consulting, platform of leading organizations and experts in Tourism and Hospitality.
– World Center of Excellence for Destinations, a non-profit institution dedicated to research on excellence in tourism.
– The Kunapak company, leader in digital transformation in tourism.
We wish to inform you that the implementation of the “Reconfigure Destiny” method is being developed to make a diagnosis of the destination: La Paz; in order to provide an action plan for the reactivation of tourism in our region.
The implementation of the tool consists of 3 steps:
1. Filling of the forms by different actors of the tourism sector in the region.
2. Organization of a joint meeting to evaluate the results.
3. Development of a participatory workshop to prioritize the axes to be incorporated in the reactivation of the destination.
IMPORTANCE OF TOURISM IN THE NATIONAL ECONOMY AND GUIDELINES FOR ITS PROMOTION
Tourism, a key word to understand a socio-economic, cultural, environmental, psychological phenomenon and other factors that encompass a series of repercussions on society.
Many countries rely on this sector for their development, making investments, opening borders, facilitating travel, investing in promotion to attract the largest number of tourists to their countries, who contribute to strengthening the economies of the destinations visited, promoting decent employment and insurance, contributing with taxes to the States. Although tourism belongs to the services sector, its export character lies in the income of foreign currency to the country, boosting the economy of the region, locally, nationally and internationally.
It is necessary to break the idea that tourism grows by itself, like grass in the field,
we need to plan together with the public sector; projecting ourselves towards a coherent tourist policy, without utopias, showing the reality and strengthening the image of a safe country that follows the guidelines of sustainable tourism.
For Bolivia, the private tourism sector must be one of the engines of its development, reinvesting its profits in the country, supporting the incursion of the new generations that bet on the sector with innovation, protected by a state apparatus that must develop favorable policies, invest in promotion, work with all actors in the tourism production chain, directly and indirectly related.
The document that we present in this publication tries to show the importance that tourism generates, providing information that allows establishing new guidelines for a favorable scenario.
From our institutions we forge the path by redirecting efforts to work in a unified and comprehensive way in the face of this new reality.
Do you want to get the complete document? make your request to email@example.com
MAIN PROJECTS EXECUTED 2006 - 2010
Tourist Pascana on the Yacuma River (2006-2007)
A tourist reception center is built in order to support the development of the Las Pampas tourism product in Beni.
Interpretation Center of the Madidi Park (2006-2007)
It consists of three rooms corresponding to each natural unit of the park’s territory, in addition to an auditorium in which videos are presented in Spanish and English, demonstrating the natural and cultural riches of the park. The center is also provided with an information area for tourist, cultural and social activities, a cafeteria that offers tourists the sale of souvenirs and handicrafts, a viewpoint and a play area.
Live Thematic Village of Sampaya (2006-2007)
Living testimony of a culture that has its roots in ancient times and coexists with a world where wisdom and cultural richness merge. The objective was to promote a sustainable, complementary and enriching tourism product in the Lake Titicaca area, which allows the community to generate complementary income by improving their quality of life. A Tourist Hostel, an Interpretation Center and an Artisan Center are delivered; Work was done on the social business organization, training courses and workshops were given in English, guidance, identity and heritage; as well as promotional and marketing activities for the tourism product.
Green Destination Project (2008-2009)
The tourist potential of the municipalities of Rurrenabaque, Santa Rosa, Reyes, San Buenaventura and Ixiamas motivated the implementation of a sustainable ecotourism program called Green Destination, with the purpose of consolidating the destination and its environment in terms of biodiversity, economy and society. Naturalist guides of the protected area were accredited, refresher courses in hotels were given, access to credits was promoted for actors in the region and a marketing strategy was designed to incorporate the destination into the market.
Titikaka Mysteries Project (2008-2013)
It was born with the purpose of creating a tourist destination self-managed by five local communities (Pata Patani, Quehuaya, Tiraska, Pariti and Chiripa), that generates income and sustainable jobs for the almost 200 families involved, and that guarantees visitor satisfaction, respects the environment and promote best practices in the provision of tourism services.
In the First Phase (2008-2010) the intervention activities were the implementation of infrastructure for a shelter, a museum, a craft workshop and training of human resources. The Second Phase (2012-2013) aims to link the project with the Tiwanaku archaeological site and strengthen the services offered by local community tourism companies through training in business management and investments in infrastructure improvement, in addition to collaborating in the marketing of tourism products and the organization of familiarization trips (FAM-TRIP) with the media, operators, travel agencies, hoteliers, in order to bring entrepreneurs closer so that they can establish and carry out businesses both national and international
- Community Shelter in Quehuaya, has a well with electric pumping for permanent water supply, all fully equipped facilities for the provision of lodging and food services.
Interpretation Center in Pata Patani, consists of an interpretation room that houses the remains of the so-called Tani Mummy (the first mystery of the region); As well as a space for a restaurant and cafeteria.
- Archaeological Museum in Isla Pariti, the museum facilities are renovated with the support of professional experts in museography. With the support of the community, a well is being built for permanent water supply in sanitary services.
Artisan Workshop in Tirsaka, consists of a showroom of handicrafts made by the community that shows the management and evolution of Andean textiles in the region.
Tourism and Culture Project (2008-2010)
The project contributed to the training of tourism promoters, strengthened continuous quality improvement processes and provided technical assistance to service providers. On the other hand, emphasis was placed on raising awareness of society regarding the importance and benefits of tourism.
Awareness campaigns, radio spots are broadcast under three concepts: hospitality, tourism benefits and rational use of resources. Educational Booklets are delivered to primary school children. Stickers are distributed to the transport sector and the general public.
Dominical Tourist Bus, as part of raising public awareness, a free tour of the main tourist sites in the city of La Paz was launched.
Promotion activities of tourist, folkloric and cultural activities in the city of La Paz.
Updating workshops and continuous improvement in the provision of the tourist service aimed at providers in the city of La Paz. Workshops were held on environmental interpretation techniques, local guides, leadership and communication. Support was provided to improve English language skills in the tourism sector.
Tourist Security and Facilitation System, in the main tourist centers of distribution and scale of the destination La Paz – Beni, in order to contribute to the prevention and assistance to national and foreign tourists, as well as to strengthen the image of the country to international level.
TOURIST AWARENESS AND TRAINING
- Customer service
- Rules of etiquette
- Food handling protocols
- Guidance, identification and certification of local guides
- Training of Naturalist Guides (Amazonia)
- Business management
- Business plans
- Tourist security
- Basic accounting
- Basic English
- School books
- Radio campaigns
- Training of heritage promoters
TOURIST PROMOTION AND MARKETING
- Study Profile of the Tourist 2004-2006 (100 CDs).
- Development of the destination logo and slogan.
- Delivery of a digital image bank (300 photographs).
- Production of a tourist video (30 second spot).
- Development of the web portal: www. visitbolivia.org, www.boliviatravel24. com, in two languages
- Documentary and the Spot of the Destination La Paz – Beni (100 DVD’s)
- Newsletters for members of the foundation
- Digital presence on social networks and other platforms: Facebook, Twitter, You Tube, Tripadvisor.
- Production of tourism promotion materials: tourist products and services manual, folders, brochures, flyers, posters, banners, tourist maps.
- Publication of articles in specialized magazines and national press.
- Campaign to promote the tourist offer (Winter holidays).
- Presence at national and international tourism fairs (FIT Bolivia, FIT Latin America).
- Promotion of the destination in Cusco – Peru in joint coordination with the Fundación Nuevo Norte.
- Organization of the Tourism Fair within the framework of World Tourism Day.
Workshops at national and international level (Santa Cruz, La Paz, Cuzco, Lima, North of Argentina, Chile).
- Press and Fam trips to publicize the destination.
- Institutional presence in the INFOTUR Network.
- Participation in the Export Coaching for Tourism (CBI) program for the promotion of national tourism in the European market.
- National campaign to postulate Bolivia within the 7 Natural Wonders of the World (Natural 7 Wonders).